- 4 large assorted heirloom tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 20 fresh basil leaves julienned, plus additional whole leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup high quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) ball of fresh burrata cheese
Cut tomatoes into wedges and place in large bowl. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Cut basil into very thin strips. Sprinkle basil over tomatoes, add olive oil and balsamic; toss lightly to coat. To serve, cut ball into four equal slices and place on salad plates. Fan tomatoes around cheese, dividing equally. Drizzle with dressing from bowl. Garnish with additional whole basil leaves and serve immediately.